Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Seriously?

I'm sorry that it has been over two weeks since my last post. Sometimes I get really busy and then on down times, I forget all I wanted to say. It's like how I would get so behind on my journal writing that I would think I couldn't write again until I was caught up, and then. . . it never happened. Like, ever. I think the last time I wrote in my journal was probably three years ago. Or so. Give or take a month.
Let's see, what has happened in the last two weeks? Fall break rocked. It was so nice not to have to go to my three-hour classes. They are so brutal! Any class for three hours is rough. My teachers are great, though. My favorite day was Columbus day when I didn't have school OR work. I didn't change out of my pj's all day. I watched Mash and Ellen and a movie, I think. It was special.
Last monday, I had class again. My class starts at 7:30 am (killer) and I park at the Institute building and walk to class, about five minutes. I got to the Institute early and had a few minutes to wait. I didn't want to go to class early because that's lame. So I just sat in my warm car and closed my eyes for a minute. Or a few minutes because I woke up at 7:51. Yeah. I was pretty late. But boy, was that a nice nap.
On Saturday night, I didn't have anything planned so I asked Alan and April if they wanted to go on a date or something and I would watch the kids. Everyone knows that I would rather be with those cute kids than anything else. It was a lot of fun. We don't always do much, but I really love just being with them. After they ate dinner (Brayden shoved all his carrots in his mouth and was chewing grotesquelly for at least seven minutes until he spit it out into a napkin. It was so gross, I honestly don't know how so much food fit in his little mouth.) Victoria and Brayden were playing "store" where Tor sold all of her crap to Brayd for all the small change in his Beehive Bank. It was pretty funny. "This ring costs one cent and two dollars." They entertained themselves with that for a while, and I watched Audrey crawl around trying to play with them, "No, she'll choke on that" and "No, there are chemicals in that!" (referring to a glow stick). Audrey was super smiley and gabby, and I think she is really close to giving kisses. Right now she just puts her whole mouth over your lips. Nice and slobbery. She'll get there. At one point in the "store" Brayden came over to me and said, "I just can't believe that you're here!" Later as we watched "Ratatoullie" (sp) Victoria cuddled up to me and said, "I'm so glad you could come and babysit us." I love it when they are cuddly like that. Brayd fell asleep and drooled on my arm and Tor kept asking if I was asleep. It was so great. Then, to keep myself from falling asleep I sang exceedingly loud to my "hhh. . .good songs" mix with the windows cracked so I wouldn't get too hot. It was good times. I love rocking hard core in my car. I'm totally a superstar.
And now, there are probably a lot of things I could be doing instead of this, but I know how important it is to Laura that I write something down. So thanks, Lars, for being such a devoted reader.

4 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

I will be your devoted reader forever and ever! So fun that you got to go play with the super cute kids! I laughed so hard at the story of all of the carrots in his mouth, then he ended up having to spit them all out. Lol. Crazy kid! Victoria is a smart cookie selling all of her stuff to get $$! lol. And I heart Audrey. They are all just so dang cute! And that story still makes me laugh, how you fell asleep in your car! Ha ha ha. I heart you!

Kathrin Paul said...

Yeah, it was disgusting. I got after him and told him to eat like a big boy, not a pig. Then we hugged. After he washed his hands, of course. And Tor did give him his money back "it's just pretends".

Jamie said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only slacker in the journaling area. I should seriously be better at it. Getting to class early and falling asleep and ending up late...sounds like something I would do! Too funny! And man, I wish I had an aunt or two nearby who would call when they are bored and offer to watch my kids. For free, no less! We really need to move closer to family so I can partake of the free babysitting I've been missing all these years! Glad to hear you had an eventful 2 weeks!

Mom & Dad said...

Those kids are so dang cute! Brayden can drool on my arm anytime. (I'm glad I'm not the only one in the family who drools . . . )

xoxoxo,
Mom