Thursday, October 9, 2008

From the Slacker

I don't know what my problem is. I mean, sure I've been busy, but isn't everyone? I mean, not Laura, but everyone else? Just kidding. I like Laura. So. Since I have finished my eight-page paper, and I have submitted my linguistics problem set, and I can turn my two-page journal in tomorrow, I will post. And I'm at work and it's pretty slow. Our loans manager just walked by and said "it sure is quiet in here" and I said it was because we were trying to be reverent.

Anyway. So I'm going to do a couple of "tags" that I have received, my first ever, I think! So, first, from Steph (Doodle):
Five Quirks I have (yes, just five right now)
1. When I do the dishes by hand, I have to have them stacked perfectly. When my sibs and I had to do them before the days of the dishwasher, they liked to do them with me because I was fast and I liked to wash, but at the same time I was such a nazi. I would make them come back and fix it. And if anyone put any sharp knives in the soapy water, I made them fish it out so I wouldn't cut myself. I didn't like them. The knives. I was ok with my sibs.
2. The only other thing that I think I'm OCD about is my desk at work. I have to have the big paper clips separated from the small paper clips. And somewhere for the rubber bands. And I have to have scissors, tape and a stapler.
3. I have to have a big cup of water on my dresser when I go to bed. Sometimes I wake up reeeally thirsty. Or I just like to have it accessable.
Um. . .I know I have more. I may have to have an addendum to this tag. Sorry!

And a tag from Jenn:
4 places I go over and over:
*School
*Work
*Cafe Rio
*Home

4 places I like to eat:
*Cafe Rio
*The Pie
*Home
*Laura's house

4 places I would like to be right now:
*my room, sleeping
*Disneyland
*the beach
*England

4 TV shows I like:
*The Office
*CSI. . .the real/vegas one
*Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
*Alias

4 books I have enjoyed:
*Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston
*Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor
*The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton
*The Bluest Eye, Toni Morrison

4 people I tag:
*Laura
*Chelsea
*Bama
*Blinky

4 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

I like you too. . .even though you are a busy punk! (= Ha ha ha, I remember stacking the dishes just so. Didn't Alan always make you do the dishes when you were both supposed to be doing them? Or was it that you just liked to get them done? And lol- you are OCD with your paper clips?!? I'm glad that you like to eat at my house, I like it when you eat at my house too- you can come anytime! And I heart Alias and The Office too, oh man, Agent Michael Vaughn is a Hottie!!!!

Jamie said...

How funny - I keep a big cup of water on my bedside table too! It started about 5 years ago when I was sick and coughing and needed water constantly. But now it's just a habit. I hate waking in the middle of the night and not having it close by to quench my thirst! Although I now have a permanent water ring on my nightstand. Whenever we move, Frank makes sure I get the messed up one! Guess I should have used a coaster!

April said...

Oh my heck, you tagged me! Now I feel so special! I'm going to wait a little while before I write my tag post just so I can revel in this feeling of popularity I have right now. I also keep a cup of water next to my bed at night because sometimes I wake up SO THIRSTY in the middle of the night and I don't like walking all the way out to the kitchen. Oh and I really laughed at your "trying to be reverent" comment. I wish I worked with you, because it would be so fun! Yeah, you really should post more because I love reading your blog. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted something! Holy cow!
Um... That's all