Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Reasons for Posting are Three-fold.

1. THANK YOU to the veterans and members of the military who risk their lives every day for the freedom that I am blessed to enjoy. I miss singing in the annual concert at the U. And I miss my grandpas, especially visiting my Grandpa Paul at the veterans nursing home and all of the awesome old people there with so much history. I love old people.
2. CMA's. I agree. I'm so glad that:
**Lady A won for best song AND best group. I'm loving them. Thanks, Jenn, for the introduction.
**Taylor Swift best album for "Fearless". It really is a great CD, even if I don't like "Fifteen" so much. She is a talented lyricist. TS said, "I think I fell in love with words before I fell in love with music." Love that.
**Taylor Swift for Entertainer of the Year. Awesome. So so exciting. I think that TS is really funny, and really REAL. I think she is very "everyday", which is a quality I really like. I think that she is an entertainer, even though she can sometimes be pitchy when singing live, she performs. She puts on a show. And I just flat love it when dreams come true.
3. I want my sharpies back, you thieving thugs.

4 comments:

jenn said...

Yay Lady A! And, I miss the Veterans' Day concert, too. But, I have a love-hate relationship with TS. Somedays it's love, somedays it's hate. But, she was super cute when she won Entertainer of the Year. That's all I got to watch. Sometimes it's not all that it's cracked up to be to live with a boy who's in charge of the remote.

Laura Burtis said...

Ha ha ha - what punks! They stole your sharpies?! Alright, who needs a good Laura whoppin'?!

Becky said...

Sorry Kat-can't agree with you. I'm not a TS fan. Not whatsoever. I will admit that I sing a long to her songs, but can't call myself a fan. She's a good teeny bopper song writer, but I don't feel that she's a talented singer. Can we still be friends?

Kathrin Paul said...

Yes. Most definitely still friends.