Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 3: Saturday aka Best Day of my Life

We got up this morning and met at 9 in the lobby. Mom, April and I followed later after the others left and I was really ornery and I am sorry. After mean-ness from me, and confusion on the subway because we got separated from the group, we made it to 5th avenue where we were going to shop before the girls had their first dance class at the Broadway dance place. We went to a Disney store and I got over my ornery-ness (really, sorry, nobody should go on trips with me) and then it was time for TIFFANY'S! I decided that I was going to buy myself a graduation present. I have had my eye on this Elsa Peretti starfish necklas for a long time, but it was $200 so I decided to go a little cheaper. I found another Elsa Peretti that I liked, a little sterling silver open heart charm. I love it! It was so exciting, happy grad to me! Mom said that she and Dad would go in half-sees with me, but they are paying for my grad party, so I told her that was enough. It was fun to see all of the other jewelry, there are some pretty phenomenal pieces of bling to be had there. We looked at the engagement rings and other diamonds, and I found one that I really liked. So, I hope the guy I marry is loaded. Actually, it wasn't too bad, only like 5 grand, and I'll just show him the picture and he can get the same thing for half the price at the Shane Co. I mean, it was only .3 carats.

After we left Tiffany's, we headed over to the Gershwin theater to participate in the Wicked lottery. We got there a little early, but then it was time and we (Mom, April and I) put our names in. Mom said that if her name was called, she would give April and I the tix because she would rather go to her dance class. Finally it was time for the 13 names to be called. Our chances weren't bad because there were probably only 100 people in the lottery, and I was due for some Karma payback. They called all 13 names and none of us were called. I was pretty bummed, but we decided to wait, just in case. They had one more ticket, so he drew one more name. The person had left (sucker). He called another name, but the girl was already going with her friend who had won and didn't need the tickets. One more name. IT WAS MINE!!!! I couldn't believe it. I'd been standing there with my fingers crossed on the sides of my face hoping hoping hoping and then it happened. I screamed and jumped and went to collect my tickets, when I learned it was only ONE TICKET. I told him I wanted it, and we would work out who was going. People were asking me to give them the ticket and one guy came up while I was in line and gave me this whole story about his girlfriend blah blah he was a slacker blah blah. . . but I kept it. I told April she could have it since she hadn't ever seen it, and she said that I could go since I wanted to so bad and she wanted to watch the dance classes. I'm so transparent and I could not believe that I would be watching Wicked for $26 on the FRONT ROW!!!! When I went to Wicked on my way to England, I paid $125 total for my ticket. Unreal!

We went to lunch and then we split up and I went back to the theater. I, of course, had put on the winner pin that I won. They showed me to my seat and really, really. FRONT ROW! I was so excited for the show to start and I don't think I breathed until intermission. I was so close I could see them spit when they talked. Ok, it only happened twice. It was so fantastic! When you sit in the back, it's amazing and wonderful, but you can only see colors in the costuming and set. On the front row, I could see texture and SHOES and wonderful things that I couldn't up in the mezzanine. Oh, their shoes. I wish I could have taken a picture, I really never realized how amazing their costumes were! Costume designer is a genious. Fiyero was a lot better this time than the last time I saw it but the most impressive to me was the girl who played Galinda. Oh my word, what talent! Her name is Alli Mauzey and she was second only to the original, Kristen Chenowith. If you click on Alli's name, it will take you to a you tube of her singing Popular in 2007, so you can only imagine how much better it was! Was that proper English? I've been writing these blogs for almost two hours.
Anyway, the show was beyond my wildest dreams and put me on a high for the rest of the day. After the show, I went back to our hotel and then we left to go to dinner and "Mamma Mia". It was sooo much better than the movie! There was definitely some poop in the punch, like in the movie, but so funny and entertaining! When we came out of the show, we were congregated on the sidewalk waiting to decide how we were going to get home. . .some of the girls wanted to take a taxi, others wanted to walk. When someone said loudly, "are we going to take a taxi?" a guy standing in front of a white stretch limo said, "take a limo! $5 person." Of course, we were all sold. It was a blast and the girls were totally enchanted. The first pic is of Nikea, Chandra and me, the second of all the girls. It really was such a fantastic day, definitely my favorite of the trip!

6 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

OH WOW!!! That really was the best day E-V-E-R!!! Seriously, Tiffany's and Wicked!? Totally awesome! Then to finish it all off on a Limo ride! Stellar! What a fun day! I can't wait to read the rest!!!

April said...

Wow, that's awesome that you won that ticket!! Good job, Biph! This post was very interesting!

Kami said...

Wow!!! It looks like you guys had the time of your lives. I'm jealous:)

Jamie said...

What great luck you have!! And what a fun trip! I love the necklace you chose - Raquel got me a similar one for Christmas. Only she bought it at TJ Maxx, so I'm pretty sure it cost waaaay less than yours! And I love it! Anyways, glad you had a blast!!

Suzie said...

Wow! What a fun trip! I'm jealous!

Mom & Dad said...

Kathrin very kindly left out that I was the one who made us late and miss going with the others - maybe some day I'll be on time . . . .