Well folks, I am now 28 years old. I can't believe it . . . I don't feel that old! That may be because I still live in the basement. Which, I might add, was never in my plans. But, neither was going back to school when I was 26, so I'm not complaining. It's so interesting to look back and see where my life has taken me. I'm content at where I am right now, and I'll be happy when I graduate in. . . let's count. . . 11 months. Why was that so hard? Blame it on the migraine hangover. We'll talk about that later. I am thankful that my parents like me still and let me live at their house, because it saves me a lot of money. And I like it here. Tracie and I kick it. It's pretty fun. We hang out so much that when I didn't come home right after my photo shoot last night, they called once and Tracie text me twice asking where I was. She asked, "why are you out and about on a Saturday night?" Why indeed. I went out to dinner with my friend Sarah and her husband for my birthday. And I will take this moment to note that Iggy's has the best fries. Tasty!
So, yes, it was my birthday on the 29th. It was a low-key day, thanks to the regular day to day stuff I still had to do, meaning school and work. However, I work with some great people who really made it a fun day. I was greeted with a scented-bubble-filled entrance and we had some rockin' cake and ice cream. Not to mention the amazing decorations and confetti. If you want to see said confetti, I think it may still be on the floor and everywhere because the vacuum wouldn't work and our janitor is not, well, comprehensive? It was fun. I really am grateful to work with such good friends.
Today, my family was all coming over for my birthday dinner where I get to choose the meal. It's always the same: my mom's killer beef stroganoff, green salad (thanks Laura!) with sunflower seeds, homemade bread and cheesecake. Sadly, I woke up this morning with a tension-induced migraine. I skipped stake conference in the hopes that it would go away. Not so lucky. The nausea set in and the headache got worse. By the time my family all arrived, I had slept a lot, thrown up a lot, and it wasn't getting any better. It was torture being upstairs because it all smelled so good. Are you all feeling so sorry for me? Good. It was pathetic. I went downstairs and slept some more, coming up when almost everyone was gone. I finally decided that if I was going to function at all tomorrow, I would have to do something. I have heard of there being shots available for migraines, so I went down to the local after hours clinic and received one lovely shot in each hip for the nausea and migraine and by the time I left about 15 minutes later, I was already starting to feel better. Mental note: do that earlier next time so you can eat cheesecake.
My mom's awesome cheesecake recipe:
one graham cracker crust
filling:
1 8 oz package cream cheese (neufchatel tastes the same and is lower fat)
1 14-15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
when creamed together, add
1/3 cup lemon juice
pour into crust and let set, then top with whatever fruit filling you like.
We usually use the canned cherries, but I only like the sauce, so I pick off the cherries.
You will not regret making this. Well, you might because you will want to make it every day. And that probably isn't healthy.
8 comments:
Aunt Kat, It was so sad that you were so sick yesterday! We all felt so bad that you were feeling so ill. But I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Thanks for having a birthday so we could celebrate =). And you are absolutely right, the world needs more cheesecake! Especially mom's- it is FANTASTIC!! Love ya!
I'm sorry you had a "tension-induced" migraine. (I drove past the bar and saw you drinking like crazy the night before you got that migraine.)
I can't believe you knew it was me! I was wearing a hat and mustache even!
Guess I need a new disguise, eh?
Yeah, I guess so.
BIPH!!!!!! I am so excited you have a blog!!!! I can't believe you are so OLD! How ever are you going to handle being 28?!?!?! You're great! I am excited about being able to check up on ya!
So are you 90, or 95? Only 28? Young-son-of-a-gun! Gotta love the Oakcrest B-day song my family hates it because I sing it each of them and make such a production. Sorry you were sick on your birthday, and sad that I missed your hat and mustache disguise! YOu are great!
Kathrin! Or should I say K.P.? This is Emily Youngdell(Filby). How in the heck are you? I randomly saw your name on Rachelle Olmos's blog and I thought, "Is that the same Kathrin Paul that I know?"
How is life treating you? You know what, I saw you at a Stake Fireside a couple of months ago and I wanted to come up at the end and say "hi" but I couldn't find you. (I am in the 1st ward. We moved into the ward about 6 months ago.)
Ok, this comment is becoming a novel so I will stop. Oh yes, and Happy Birthday!
I really want to go to the reunion, but I am not sure if my husband is working or not. If I can make it I really want to go. Are you? I haven't been up to Oakcrest in 9 years.
Post a Comment